AYURVEDIC TREATMENT PROTOCOL FOR COVID-19

Faculty of Ayurveda Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University,

Ayurvedic Management of COVID-19


About 80% of COVID-19 cases present with mild symptoms requiring only primary medical care. Of the rest 20% cases, 15% require urgent medical attention at secondary health care centers. Remaining 5% are critical cases requiring an intensive care and hence require a transfer to tertiary health care units equipped with ICU [13].Notwithstanding the fact that no system of medicine has any evidence-based treatment for COVID-19 as yet, clinical interventions are being done worldwide. Similar strategy is required to be implemented by Ayurveda system of medicine. Implementing proper intervention plan within AYUSH healthcare facilities by Ayurveda workforce may benefit the nation greatly. Here we propose the line of Ayurvedic management of COVID-19 on the following grounds-
Avoidance of the causative factors
Prophylactic management
Treatment of COVID-19 positive patients based on severity of the symptoms
Management of convalescence / avoidance of recurrence
Apart from that, in view of susceptibility of different population to the infection, the management may be planned. Holistic approach of Ayurveda in terms of Daivavyapashraya chikitsa and Sattvavajaya chikitsa for Confidence building and Yuktivya pashraya chikitsa with inclusion of three pillars of body i.e. Ahara (Dietary regimen), Nidra (Sleep behaviour) and Brahmacharya (abstinence) may be used aiming at improvement of status of Agni (digestive enzymes), Ojas

(boosting immune power), Improvement of Sattvabala i.e. Mental strength (Confidence building) and finally attainment of Dhatusamyata (maintenance of homeostasis). For Yukti vyapashraya chikitsa, Avasthiki chikitsa and Harshini Chikitsa as mentioned in kshaya roga; Ojovardhaka/Rasayana treatment; Krimigna drugs Vishanashaka treatment and shodhana treatment on the basis of Ayurvedic principles may be adopted.

Segmentation of subjects
Target Groups and their management principle

S. N.
Target groups
Treatment
1.
Target Group 1(A): Quarantine-Home/ general
population
General Preventive measures
2.
Target Group 1(B):For Quarantine Centre
General Preventive measures
3.
Target Group 1(C): Health workers, Sanitation workers, Police cops, Media person
Extensive preventive measures (along
with psychological counseling where ever required)
4.
Target Group 2(A): Asymptomatic COVID19
+ve cases
Ojovardhak Dravya (Immunity boosters)
+
Vishaghna dravya specific to viral infection.
+
Krimigna Drugs
5.
Target Group 2(B):COVID19 +ve Subjects with Mild symptoms
Curative and Symptomatic treatment and Mridu Virechana if required.
*Annexure-I-for Shodhana procedure
6.
Target Group 2(c):COVID19 +ve Subjects
with Moderate symptoms
Curative and Symptomatic treatment
and Mridu Virechana if required
7.
Target Group 2(D):COVID19 +ve patients with comorbidity/Patients above 60 years of age.
Condition specific + Curative and Symptomatic treatment
*Annexure-I-for Shodhana procedure

8.
Target Group 2(E):Pregnant women and
Children
As per Annexure-II and III
9.
Target Group 3: Post treatment restorative
Treatment for recovery and
Rejuvenation, prevent recurrence

support media swaraj
Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16Next page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 × 2 =

Related Articles

Back to top button