These days during the period of Covid pandemic the role of HR has become most challenging and crucial due to deteriorating revenue conditions of majority of Organisations including Government Sectors. Most of the organisation is either partially retrenching their employees or stripping their pay packets in order to survive. Air India is planning to give Five years retrenchment/leave without pay policy which is yet to be implemented. This is the time the role of Human Resources takes a pivotal role in taking decision as to how to make balance stock of manpower in the Organisation so that Company is not looser either way. HR is a core function of any business. How well you manage your employees will have a huge impact on the organizations future, be it positive or negative? If done right, your employees will stick around longer, and the workplace as a whole will be a much better place for everyone.
Let us first mention there are seven of the most important human resources functions in for any company which is as such;
1. Talent Acquisition/Recruitment.
2. Compensation Management.
3. Benefits Administration.
4. Training and development.
5. Performance Appraisal and Management.
6. Employee and Labour Relations.
7. Compliance Management.
The HR personnel having exposed to use of HR tools can justify their role in organisations
HR tools are the wide ranges of technological and psychological solutions that help organizations manage their day-to-day HR activities effectively. Effective HR tools can implement HR functions for achieving Higher Performance. It should be kept in mind before selecting various HR tools that it should have following criteria;
1. Ease of use
2. Quick implementation
3. Multi-channel access
4. Collection of ready-to-use reports
5. Seamless integration with third-party tools
6. Employee self-service portal
7. Customizability to fit unique needs
8. Scalability to accommodate business growth
There are few widely used HR Technological tools some are as such;
1. Kiss flow HR Cloud
Kiss flow is an all-in-one HR Cloud that enables businesses to create, modify, and manage their HR processes in an efficient way. Kiss flow comes pre-equipped with an array of HR management modules from applicant tracking and employee on boarding to performance reviews to off boarding and succession management.
Its precise, data-driven insights enable managers to make decisions based on data points rather than gut instincts.
• What sets Kiss flow HR Cloud apart is its automated performance triggers that initiates a performance improvement for employees who slack off beyond a specific saturation point?
• The built-in talent pool, automated announcements, and social collaboration are other trend-setting features.
• In addition, Kiss flow’s HR Cloud also integrates seamlessly with other third-party software solutions like ERP systems and payroll software, so you can use any tool that you’re already using right alongside Kiss flow, so there’s no data loss or compatibility issues.
2. Zoho People
Zoho People is cloud-based HR management software used to help organizations manage and organize employee data. Designed with small and medium businesses in mind, it can also cater to enterprise businesses as well. There’s a number of tools on the platform, letting you track leave, manage timesheets, create custom forms, manage performance appraisals, and more.
It’s a lot more transparent than some of its competitors, albeit not as feature-rich as some of them. By automating all of your business-specific recruitment processes, it helps your HR team free up their time and actually spend time focusing on work that matters.
3. iCIMS Talent Acquisition
This is an employee on boarding software that offers a number of dynamic features including a customizable career portal that lets candidates search for career opportunities. For businesses interested in useful HR tool, this can go a long way in accelerating and simplifying the talent acquisition process.
Businesses have access to a platform that enables them to hire quality employees, improve the hiring process, and identify and interact with the right candidates. In addition, iCIMS Talent Acquisition also includes social media distribution, career site search engine optimization and job board posting.
Overall, when it comes to useful HR apps, iCIMS Talent Acquisition is easily among one of the most competitive in the market. It’s one of the largest Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers of talent acquisition and management solutions. The software is used by almost 3,500 organizations around the world
4. Breezy HR
Breezy HR is another HR management tool aimed at small, medium, and large businesses. One of the biggest selling points of Breezy is the fact that it integrates with your existing hr tools seamlessly. There’s no need to worry about data loss during migration and integration. Breezy takes care of it all automatically.
It isn’t limited to recruitment. You can also keep track of current employees and streamline communication. In addition, it also connects seamlessly to LinkedIn and Angel List to find quality candidates.
ADP is a cloud-based HR tool. When compared to other HR tools that provide specific solutions, ADP is an all-in-one solution that unites HR, payroll, talent, time, and tax and benefits administration. ADP is used by over 650,000 clients in more than 110 countries. It’s an online HR tool that can be implemented by businesses of all types and sizes.
ADP was awarded the HR Management Solutions Company of the Year Award by Frost & Sullivan in 2016. It also received an AA credit rating from Standard & Poor and Moody’s
There are few widely used HR Psychological tools which are as such;
1. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test is an assessment tool that aids in determining a person’s personality type. This was discovered by mother and daughter team by Katharine Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers, in the United States in the early mid-20th century
This tool is said to be the most popular inventory utilized by psychologists. This instrument discovers the 16 personalities created by Myers & Briggs, test your personality type, and find your strengths. To take the personality test, mark your answers based on how well each statement describes you.
MBTI consists of 98 “Forced-choice” questions means that a person, if possible, should choose only one of two possible answers to each question. After responding to the Instruments a 16 personality profile will be indicated. Like IFSJ,ESFJ,ISTJ,ISFP,ESTJ,ESFPENFP,ISTP,INFP,INTJ,ENTJ, and INFJ.
The MBTI® instrument is a restricted assessment tool and requires specific qualifications in order to administer it to others. A practitioner must be trained in the use and interpretation of the instrument either through previous academic study
This test can be taken On-line and result will also be shown in The Myers-Briggs Company website.
2. The FIRO-B (Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation-Behavior) instrument introduced by William Schutz in 1958 helps individuals understand their behaviour and the behaviour of others. With the insights of an individual’s interpersonal needs it can help improve workplace interactions and productivity. The FIRO-B assessment is a set of 54 questions, self-administered test that is designed to identify an individual’s personal needs for inclusion, control and affection.
According to Schutz, all humans possess three needs to a greater or lesser degree. They are the needs of individual for inclusion, control, and affection. Schutz says that the need for inclusion is the inner drive “to establish and maintain a satisfactory relation with people with respect to interaction and association. This instruments help in understanding Seniors and Subordinates, maintain a positive and warm relationship in the organisations, and build strong Teams for achieving higher performance. The World Bank uses these instruments for all of its employees.
3. Personality Survey Questionnaire: There are end no’s of Personality test in the market, and should be used as per the requirements of the organisations. A personality survey is defined as survey that consists of multiple question types that aim to collect insights into the personality of a respondent. This survey is mostly introspective that measures life reports in the form of rating scales by using a questionnaire. The data collection from a personality survey provides insights into a human-being and the decision making process as well as the rationale behind that process.
These survey questions are used in the survey software to help distinguish ability from personality. It primarily helps to understand how you relate with others feelings, approach your problems, deal with feelings and understand your personality. Personality surveys have uses in multiple fields but the primary use is in a professional environment where a prospective employee is administered this online survey to gauge temperament, decision making process, business acumen etc. It helps in understanding how motivated and driven and employee is and the factors that drive the individual.
So, HR tools are a potent source of exploring human capital in the organisation. If implemented properly will be great use in developing strong teams, mutually exclusive warm relations in the organisation and it will drive people to accept challenges and perform better.